Welcome to the Mood Wellness Center website, related sites and digital and online services (“Mood Wellness Center,” the “Site,” or “Sites”), an online e-commerce, information, and communications service provided by Mood Center, LLC and all affiliates (“We” or “Us”).
What Information We Collect
Information you give us: We respect the right to privacy of all visitors to the Mood Wellness Center Site. We receive and store some information that you enter on our Sites or that you provide to us through the Site in any other way.
- Data that may personally identify you, including but not limited to your name, postal address, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, home, work and mobile telephone numbers, age, date of birth, social security number, insurance policy number, veteran or military status, medical conditions, information about any physical or mental disabilities you may have, (collectively, “Personal Data”);
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites, such as appointment request forms or products/services ordering forms. It also includes information you provide when you register to use our Sites, purchase products, or use services available through the Sites or facilities. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites. Some forms collect sensitive information, such as health information, necessary for us to provide our services to you;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research, development, and marketing purposes; and Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Sites or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”).
- Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you automatically as you navigate through or use our Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, session replay and recording technology (recording your movements, clicks, etc. on our Sites), and information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies (such as tracking technologies referred to above) to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- Usage Details. Details of your visits to our Sites, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Sites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or in the Sites.
- Device Information. Information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and App version information.
- Location Data. Information about your location collected through Geolocation technology. Mood Wellness Center applications and services that run on mobile devices do not generally use geolocation.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain or associate information we collect with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Improve our product and services offering;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests;
- Recognize and/or authenticate you when you return to our Sites. Information about your location collected through Geolocation technology. Mood Wellness Center applications and services that run on mobile devices do not generally use geolocation.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Pixels and Web Beacons. Pages on our Sites, or our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Sites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Sites content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel, a web analytics and advertising service provided by Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”) on our Platform. With its help, we and our customers can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Facebook advertisement, keep track of users who access our Platform or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from Facebook Pixel is also saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook or Instagram account and use it for its own and others advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals; although, we currently do not use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services for
any purpose, including advertising.
Email Communications, Newsletter, And Related Services
Our Sites provide you with the opportunity to receive communications from us or third parties. For example, you can sign up for a free Mood Wellness Center email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time. You may use the unsubscribe mechanism or link in our marketing emails if you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us.
Email communications that you send to us via the email links on our Site may be shared with a customer service representative, employee, medical expert, or agent that is most able to address your inquiry. We make every effort to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received. Once we have responded to your communication, it is discarded or archived, depending on the nature of the inquiry. Note, that email communications that you send us via the email links on our Site are not automatically encrypted, and it is possible that unencrypted email communications with us may be accessed or viewed by another internet user while in transit to us.
We occasionally survey visitors to our site. The information from these surveys is used in aggregated, de-identified form to help us understand the needs of our visitors so that we can improve our site. The information may be shared with third parties with whom we have a business relationship. We generally do not ask for information in surveys that would personally identify you; if we do request contact information for follow-up, you may decline to provide it. If
survey respondents provide personal information (such as an email address) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to respond to the question or request, or with third parties who perform data management services for our site. Those third parties have agreed to keep all data from surveys confidential.
How We Use the
Information We Collect
In addition to the uses described above, we use the information we collect for things like:
- Optimizing the performance and user experience of our sites;
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business;
- Providing healthcare services;
- Fulfilling purchases, orders, and requests for products or services;
- Marketing and advertising products and services, including by inferring your interests from your interactions with our websites and newsletters and tailoring advertisements, newsletters, and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our stores and online interests;
- Sending you email newsletters;
- Conducting research and analysis;
- Communicating with you about your account, special events, and surveys;
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us.
any purpose, including advertising.
We may combine this information with any other information we have about you, including, if you are a Mood Wellness Center, any PHI we have about you. If we combine this information with your PHI, we will treat all of that information as PHI and will only use or disclose that information as set forth in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You may request that we delete your data by contacting us as provided below. However, we may not be able to honor that request in all instances given the laws and regulations that apply to us. For example, under state and federal law, we may be required to maintain some data that is specific to you and that may identify you, such as your medical records or other information. We may also have a legal basis or obligation to maintain medical and other information about you to provide care and treatment or to comply with our professional, legal, and other obligations.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties who we have engaged to help us provide the Site, as well as the products and services available through our Site. In this regard, we may disclose your Personal Data to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, advertising, marketing, and payment processing services. Advertising and marketing partners such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other advertising networks may receive and use your Personal Data to assist us with our advertising and marketing efforts. In each case, we will ensure that these third parties have agreed to safeguard your data.
We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns, and related site information. These data reflect site-usage patterns gathered during visits to our website each month, but they do not contain information that personally identifies you unless you have given us permission to share that information.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Mood Wellness Center about our Sites users are among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mood Wellness Center, our customers, patients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use
and Disclose Your Information
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created or you have available mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Mood Wellness Center. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Mood Wellness Centers as a result of your use of our services. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please email us at email@example.com
- Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates. By purchasing a Mood Wellness Center product, you consent to our sharing of your Personal Data with our affiliates for their promotional purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from them. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information For non-patient information, you can contact us through the Contact Information below to access and/or find out what information we have about you and to correct that information. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or if we have a legal basis or obligation to maintain it, or if it would cause the information to be incorrect.
If you are a patient of Mood Wellness Center, you can access the patient-related information that we maintain about you through our health information management department. For more information about requesting your medical records, ask us. You also can request a correction to your patient information through our health information management department. However, we are still required maintain your patient-related information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other federal and state law.
Whether you are visiting Mood Wellness Center Site or one of our clinic locations, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control, and we appropriately limit access to it. We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. Mood Wellness Center cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide. You should understand, however, that electronic transmissions via the internet are not necessarily secure from interception, and so we cannot absolutely guarantee the security or confidentiality of such transmissions.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Sites are not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from users under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or in our Sites or on or through any of their features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a user under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a user under 18, please contact us via the contact information below.
Links to Other Websites
If you have a question or concern regarding your privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below:
The Mood Wellness Center, 927 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
NOTICE OF PRIVACY
We are required by applicable federal and state law to maintain the privacy of your health information. We are also required to give you this Notice about our privacy practices, our legal duties, and your rights concerning your health information. We must follow the privacy practices that are described in this Notice while it is in effect. This Notice takes effect immediately and will remain in effect until we replace it.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Mood Wellness Center is committed to protecting the confidentiality of its patients’ medical information. This Notice describes how Mood Wellness Center may use your medical information within Mood Wellness Center, and how we may disclose it to others outside of Mood Wellness Center. This Notice also describes your rights concerning your own medical information. Please review it carefully and let us know if you have questions.
HOW WILL WE USE
AND DISCLOSE YOUR
Treatment: Mood Wellness Center may use your medical information to provide you with medical services and supplies. Mood Wellness Center may also disclose your medical information to others who need that information to treat you. This may include but is not limited to doctors, physician assistants, nurses and medical transportation providers, as well as others involved in your care, as deemed medically appropriate. For example – your physician will be allowed to have access to your Mood Wellness Center medical record to assist in your follow-up care. Mood Wellness Center may also use your medical information to contact you to remind you of an upcoming appointment, to inform you about possible treatment options or alternatives, or to advise you about health-related services available to you.
Family Members and Others Involved in Your Care: Mood Wellness Center may disclose your medical information to a family member or friend who is involved in your medical care, or to someone who helps to pay for your care. If you do not want Mood Wellness Center to disclose your medical information to family members or others, please inform Mood Wellness Center staff members assigned to your care. You may modify this list at any time.
Payment: Mood Wellness Center may use and disclose your medical information to secure payment for the medical services and supplies provided to you. For example – your health plan or health insurance company may ask to see parts of your medical record before they will pay Mood Wellness Center for your treatment.
Healthcare Operations: Mood Wellness Center may use and disclose your medical information if it is necessary to improve the quality of care provided to patients or to run Mood Wellness Center. Your medical information may be used to conduct quality improvement activities, to obtain audit, accounting or legal services, or to conduct business management and planning. For example – Mood Wellness Center staff members may look at your medical record to evaluate whether Mood Wellness Center personnel, your doctors, or other health care professionals did a good job.
Research: Mood Wellness Center may use or disclose your medical information for research projects, such as studying the effectiveness of a treatment you received. These research projects must go through a special process that protects the confidentiality of your medical information.
Required by Law: Federal, state or local laws may require Mood Wellness Center to disclose patients’ medical information.
Public Health: Mood Wellness Center may report certain medical information for public health purposes. Mood Wellness Center also may need to report patient problems with medications or medical products to the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”), or may notify patients of recalls of products they are using.
Public Safety: Mood Wellness Center may disclose medical information for public safety purposes in limited circumstances. We may disclose medical information to law enforcement officials in response to a search warrant, or a grand jury subpoena. We also may disclose medical information to assist law enforcement officials in identifying or locating a person, to prosecute a crime of violence, to report deaths that may have resulted from criminal conduct, or to report criminal conduct at Mood Wellness Center. We may disclose your medical information to law enforcement officials and others to prevent a serious threat to health or safety of the community or an individual.
Health Oversight Activities: Mood Wellness Center may disclose medical information to a government agency that oversees Mood Wellness Center or its personnel, and requires medical information to monitor Mood Wellness Center’s compliance with state and federal laws. Military, Veterans, National Security and Other Government Purposes: If you are a member of the armed forces, Mood Wellness Center may release your medical information as required by military command authorities or to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Mood Wellness Center may also disclose medical information to federal officials for intelligence and national security purposes or for presidential protective services.
Judicial and Administrative Proceedings: Mood Wellness Center may disclose medical information in any judicial or administrative proceeding if ordered to do so by a court, or if Mood Wellness Center receives a subpoena or a search warrant. You will receive advance notice about this disclosure in most situations, so that you will have a chance to object to sharing your medical information.
Information with Additional Protection: Certain types of medical information have additional protection under state or federal law. Medical information about evaluation and treatment for a serious mental illness is treated differently than other types of information. Mood Wellness Center is required to get your permission before disclosing that information to others in many circumstances.
Disclosure Accounting: You have the right to receive a list of instances in which we, or our business associates, disclosed your health information for purposes other than treatment, payment, healthcare operations and/or certain other activities. If you request this accounting more than once in a 12-month period, we may charge you a reasonable, cost-based fee for responding to these additional requests.
Other Uses and Disclosures: If Mood Wellness Center wishes to use or disclose your medical information for a purpose that is not discussed in this Notice. Mood Wellness Center will seek your permission. Permission granted to Mood Wellness Center may be rescinded at any time, unless Mood Wellness Center has already acted on your permission to use or disclose the information. To revoke your permission, please notify Mood Wellness Center in writing at: email@example.com
Right to Request Your Medical Information: Patients have a right to look at their own medical information and to get a copy of that information. The law requires Mood Wellness Center to keep the original record. This includes your medical record, your billing record, and other records we use to make decisions about your care. Medical information that is available electronically may be obtained in that format.
If you request a copy of your information, you will be charged for Mood Wellness Center’s costs to copy the information. You will be notified in advance what this copying will cost. Patients can view their record at no cost.
Right to Obtain a List of Certain Disclosures of Your Medical Information: You have the right to request a list of many of the disclosures Mood Wellness Center makes of your medical information. To receive a list, please contact Mood Wellness Center. The first list will be provided to you free of charge, but you may be charged a fee for any additional lists requested during the same year. You will be notified in advance what this list will cost.
Right to Request Restrictions on How Mood Wellness Center Will Use or Disclose Your Medical Information for Treatment, Payment or Health Care Operations: You have the right to ask Mood Wellness Center not to make use or disclosure of your medical information to treat you, to seek payment for care, or to operate Mood Wellness Center. You may require a restriction on the disclosure of your medical information to a health plan, where that information is associated with an item or service for which you paid out-of-pocket. Otherwise, Mood Wellness Center is not required to agree to your request. If we do agree, we will comply with that agreement. To request a restriction, please contact Mood Wellness Center and describe your request in detail.
Right to Request Confidential Communication: You have the right to ask Mood Wellness Center to communicate with you in a way that you will feel is more confidential. For example – you can ask us not to call your home, but to communicate only by mail. At the time of admission or upon registration, you may orally request confidential communications. Otherwise, you must submit a request in writing. You have the right ask to speak with your health care providers in private, outside the presence of others.
Amendment: You have the right to request that we amend your health information. Your request must be in writing, and it must explain why the information should be amended. We may deny your request under certain circumstances. Right to a Paper Copy: If you have received this Notice electronically, you have the right to a paper copy at any time. You may download a paper copy of the Notice from our website, or you may obtain a paper copy of the Notice at any Mood Wellness Center facility.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
From time to time, Mood Wellness Center may change its practices concerning how it uses or discloses patient medical information, or how Mood Wellness Center will implement patient rights concerning their information. Mood Wellness Center reserves the right to change this Notice and to make the provisions in our new notice effective for all medical information we maintain. A revised Notice of Privacy Practices will be published for any further changes to these practices. Copies of Mood Wellness Center’s current Notice of Privacy Practices may be obtained by contacting Mood Wellness Center or by visiting our website.
HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS
COVERED BY THIS NOTICE
This Notice of Privacy Practices applies to Mood Wellness Center and its personnel. Mood Wellness Center may share your information with other providers for treatment purposes, to be reimbursed for treatment, or to conduct health care operations. These health care providers will follow this Notice for information they receive about you from Mood Wellness Center. Other health care providers may follow different practices at their own offices or facilities.
CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
Please tell us about any problems or concerns you have with your privacy rights, or how Mood Wellness Center uses or discloses your medical information. If you have a concern, please contact MOOD WELLNESS CENTER at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-940-MOOD.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
If you have any questions about this Notice, or have further questions about how Mood Wellness Center may use and disclose your medical information, please contact Mood Wellness Center’s Privacy Administrator.